The procedure to follow depends on your nationality and your country of residence. To find out your situation, please visit CampusFrance.
- If you are European and wish to apply:
... In L1. The application procedure for L1 does not differ from that of French students. You need to register on Parcoursup (between January and March). You can find further information here .
… in L2, L3 or in Master. You need to contact the admin staff of Lyon-Géologie from Lyon 1 or ENS Lyon and follow the instructions detailed here.
- You are not European and come from a country following the procedure « Study in France » :
You should just apply to CampusFrance. Direct applications to ENS Lyon or Lyon 1 will not be taken into account.
- You are not European and do not come from a country following the procedure « Study in France ». You wish to apply …:
… In L1. You should follow the procedure of preliminary request for admission (DAP). This procedure is open between October and January every year.
… In L2, L3 or in Master. You need to contact the admin staff of Lyon-Géologie from Lyon 1 or ENS Lyon and follow the instructions sent to you by email.
Recommended language level:
- Applicant in Bachelor: level of French sufficient to join the training course in good conditions: Level B2 minimum
- Applicant in Master: level of French and/or English sufficient to join the training program in good conditions. All the Master courses will be taught in English.
You are foreigner and wish to join a Higher Education and Research institution in France? You have the possibility to ask for financial support to different organisms to do your studies in the best conditions in Lyon. Among the different possibilities, you could apply to get:
- the Eiffel scholarship from the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs for foreign students in Bachelor or Master.
- the Erasmus + scholarships: these are exchange programs for residents from EU and the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey. Contact your home institution for more information.
- The Ampère & MILYON Scholarships for international students in Master.
You will find all the information you need about grants from local authorities, the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and European grants summarized and regularly updated on the CampusFrance website. A personalized funding search tool that corresponds to your situation is also available here.
For further information and in any case,
Contact the admin staff of Lyon-Géologie from ENS Lyon or University Lyon 1:
ENS Lyon (Mrs Emmanuelle Lousson) : +33 04 72 72 84 99
University Lyon 1 (Mrs Oriane Marduel) : +33 04 72 44 84 85