Feedback between Organisms and Oceans
Objectives: to analyze and apprehend the feedbacks between major biological innovations, environmental conditions and biogeochemical cycles.
Methods: various examples from the literature will be shown, dealing with biological proxies (micro-organisms), molecular fossils and environmental geochemistry.
- origin of planktonic organisms and its impact on the trophic chain.
- origin of pelagic biocalcification and impact on modern ocean (vertical gradients of alkalinity and stable CCD).
- origin of deep oceanic streams.
- oxygen minimum zones across the time: interaction between productivity, preservation and circulation.
- interaction between organisms and environments during extreme events.